I love January, I get the chance to go to France and deliver their Christmas gifts to some of my family who live there (they are used to receiving them in January by now!). And it’s also a great opportunity to go fabric shopping in Paris, while shops are having their winter sale period. So, I’m just back with a suitcase full of lovely fabrics. I’ll write a post about fabric shopping in Paris another time, but in the meantime you can read Pascale’s post about those fabric shops.
I’m wanting to be more productive with my sewing this year, so have decided to do the following:
* Be more organized and plan each week ahead by writing down what I want to sew. This Mozi planning sheet is great for that and it looks lovely too. I would also love to make a wall planner similar to the one below by Pottery Barn Teen but don’t have much wall space so need to think about it more.
* Create a project notebook/folder containing tutorials and details of finished projects
* Catalogue my fabric stash, making it easier to see what I have already and making it more convenient to work on mixing different patterns/colours/fabrics for future projects
* Create a gift planner for the year, so that I don’t wait till the last minute before a birthday to sew a gift
* Make the most of my sewing books by making at least one item a month from one of the books
* Buy an overlocker
* Sew more clothing which should be easier after I get a serger
* Learn to quilt and make one by the end of the year
* Reward myself after achieving my week’s plans and each time I manage to learn something new.